With the emergence of permanent teeth, the dental braces applied for the problems in the teeth such as tightness, distortion, dislocation and jaws give successful results with the right plan.
Braces treatment is another method known as orthodontics, which is used for dental and facial aesthetics. In this method, which is performed for the teeth and jaw problems, it has positive effects on oral and dental health as well as the order of the teeth properly. What should be done before and after this treatment that can be applied to people of all ages is important in terms of successful treatment.
Correct treatment plan
With the removal of permanent teeth, some people may have problems with teeth and jaw. In this case, early treatment of braces should be applied. If there are problems such as tooth separation, tooth distortions and tight teeth, the dentist should be examined as soon as possible. Your physician will examine your teeth in detail to inform you on this issue will be the most appropriate treatment plan.
Tooth extraction can be done
In the examination, the photos of the face, teeth and mouth are also filed. In addition, oral hygiene is performed at this stage and patient records are taken. Some treatments do not require tooth extraction, some may require tooth extraction. After the examination, the brackets and the wire are selected. The setting time of the braces may end after a 4-5-day trial until it is found to be optimal. Before attaching the braces, the teeth and fillers are cleaned.
Dental brace can stay longer than you expect
The results of treatment after dental braces may vary between 8 months and 30 months. The error should be regularly examined by the dentist until the treatment is completed. Patients should be very careful about hygiene and oral care during this period. Similarly, there are some points that should be considered in terms of nutrition.
Considerations after fitting the braces:
- Hard foods (nuts, almonds, pistachios, etc.) should not be consumed
- Turkish delight, paste, chewing gum should not be consumed
- Products such as chips and popcorn should not be consumed between the teeth.
- Chocolate should not be consumed, especially those that are sticky
- The hard parts of products such as bread or toast should not be consumed
- Carbonated drinks (cola, soda etc.) should not be consumed
- Hard fruits (apples, quince, pear etc.) should be consumed after peeling
- Chicken and meats can be consumed after being removed from their bones
- Fruit and other nutrients, which are seeded, can be consumed after the seeds are removed.